ICE BUDGET 2019 PDF DOWNLOAD : Union minister Piyush Goyal is reading out the contents of the ICE BUDGET 2019 in parliament. This is the last Interim Budget of the NDA government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi before the Lok Sabha elections due by May. With the Lok Sabha election just months away, the government kept the budget focussed on immediate relief such as easing income tax rules, favourable loan terms for small businesses, farm loan waiver and even direct cash transfers to farmers who are under debt. The government said it will send Rs. 6,000 to small farmers directly into their bank accounts in a scheme that will be funded 100 per cent by the centre. The programme will cost Rs. 75,000 crore. Piyush Goyal's turn to reveal the contents of the Union Budget briefcase in the crucial national election year came after Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had to go on leave and fly to the US for treatment. Yesterday, the government said its estimate of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth for fiscal 2018 was 7.2 per cent, significantly higher than 6.7 per cent earlier. The Railway Budget for 2019 will also be presented today.
Highlights of Interim Budget 2019- 20
Ministry of Finance
Highlights Of Interim Budget 2019-20
Posted On: 01 FEB 2019 1:49PM by PIB Delhi
The key highlights of the Interim Budget 2019-20 presented by the Union Minister for Finance, Corporate Affairs, Railways & Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal in Parliament today are as follows:
- 12 crore small and marginal farmers to be provided with assured yearly income of Rs. 6000 per annum under PM-KISAN
- Outlay of Rs. 75,000 crore for FY 2019-20 with additional Rs. 20,000 crore in RE 2018-19
- Outlay for Rashtriya Gokul mission increased to Rs 750 crore
- Rashtriya Kamdhenu Ayog to be setup for sustainable genetic up-gradation of the Cow resources
- New separate Department of Fisheries for welfare of 1.5 crore fishermen
- 2% interest subvention to Farmers for Animal husbandry and Fisheries activities; additional 3% in case of timely repayment.
- Interest subvention of 2% during disaster will now be provided for the entire period of reschedulement of loan
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan scheme to ensure fixed monthly pension to 10 crore unorganized sector workers
- Rs 3000 per month after 60 years of age with an affordable contribution of only Rs 100/55 per month
Source:- Click Here Current Affairs